What do volunteers do at AIDS Saskatoon?
- Fundraising – as a charity we are always looking for ways to raise money and volunteers play a crucial role in this. You can join us for one of our fundraising events (ScotiaBank AIDS Walk for Life on September 13th or The Positively Red Gala on November 23rd), or you could host your own fundraising event (for example a steak night, or pub trivia).
- General help around the 601 Outreach Centre and office – housekeeping and cleaning, odd jobs and help for staff members.
- Help with special events – during our Christmas hamper drive volunteers help us pack hampers and deliver them to families, or serving food at our big meals like Thanksgiving.
What are the benefits of joining our team?
- To be part of a larger group working towards social change and the betterment of our community.
- To gain valuable knowledge, experience and skills in working with community engagement, social determinants of health and the political, economic, emotional and spiritual issues surrounding the HIV and Hep C epidemic in Saskatchewan.
- To engage in opportunities for personal and professional development, leadership and community service.
- To be recognized and appreciated for valuable contributions, to meet new people and have fun.
- Training for specific roles
- To learn more about the workings of a Community Service Organization, and the realities of the day-to-day operations.
Current Opportunities for Volunteering at AIDS Saskatoon:
- Office Support Volunteer. This role requires a commitment of 2 hours or more per week to help answering phone calls and general reception duties. Proper training will be given to the successful applicants.
- General Volunteer. General Volunteers can commit to regular time slots every week, or just come in when they have free time. This role is for general help around our Outreach Centre and office. You can help with things like making buttons, organizing donations, and supporting our staff members in their roles.
- Special Event Volunteer. Join our pool of dedicated volunteers who help us with our big events throughout the year. This is a great way to help out the organization if you cannot commit to regular volunteering hours – our big events are always really fun, and help us raise a lot of money Outreach services. A few hours of your time at these events can make a huge difference for our organization, and the people we serve.
How can I apply to become a volunteer?
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator via email at email@example.com to set up volunteering with us (please include your application form), or if you need help with your own fundraising event. You can also connect with us via Facebook and Twitter to get regular updates on volunteer opportunities. Once you have sent us your application form we will contact you to set up an interview.